Latest Updates

Minutes 13th November

div

Links

Wiltshire county council

Notice Board

Minutes

Agenda | Accounts | Archive | Notice Board


DRAFT
MINUTES OF THE BULFORD PARISH COUNCIL MEETING
MONDAY 13TH NOVEMBER 2017

Present:  Cllrs: J Clark (Chairman), D Morrison (Vice Chairman), Lisa-Jayne Johnson,                M Ibbotson, Bruce Chilvers, B Alsop
In attendance: Parish Clerk, Cllr J Smale
Apologies for absence: Cllr Graham Jenkins, Lt Col J E D McInally
Absent without Apology: None


COUNCIL IN FORMAL SESSION

  1. Mr Steve Turner attended the meeting.
  2. Cllr John Smale reported on the following:
  3. The next Area Board takes place at Antrobus House, Amesbury on 30th November 2017.
Wiltshire Clubs and voluntary organisations can sign up to enjoy military sporting facilities across the south of the county as part of a special initiative between Wiltshire Council and the Ministry of Defence (MOD).


COUNCIL IN FORMAL SESSION


82. APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES OF THE BULFORD PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON MONDAY 9TH OCTOBER 2017
It was Resolved to approve the Minutes as a true record.
83. MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES OF THE BULFORD PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON MONDAY 9TH OCTOBER 2017
a. Item 73, a – A quote required from Mr Paul Sheppard for the fitting of a new litter bin. This item is ongoing.
b. Item 73, b - Siting of 2 grit bins. 1 at St Leonard’s Close. 1 at Churchill Avenue. The 2 grit bins are now in place. This item is closed.
c. Item 73, c - Business case for the maintenance programme for the playground. This matter is ongoing. Please see item 89, b.
d. Item 73, d – Litter Management and the installation of 3 new litter bins by Wiltshire Council on the Solstice path. Wiltshire Council have installed 2 new litter bins on the Solstice path. This matter is now closed.
e. Item 76, b – The Chairman confirmed that a request has been submitted to Wiltshire Council for the area north east of the crossing at High Street and Salisbury Road to be considered for a parking restriction.
f. Item 78, 2 – Cllr Morrison tabled the completed annual risk assessment reports for all parish owned property and land.
g. Item 79, b – The matter of the supply and fitting of double wooden doors at the village hall is ongoing.
84. TO RECEIVE MEMBER’S DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST - None
85. CO-OPTION OF A NEW COUNCILLOR – None.
86. CHAIRMAN’S REPORT
a. The Chairman raised the issue of litter management along the Solstice path now the new bins are in place. She went on to say that there is a requirement for regular litter picks along the route, emptying of the litter bins and disposal of the rubbish. After discussion the Clerk was actioned to look into the matter and report at the next meeting.
b. The Chairman reported that she has submitted a request for the repair of the surface of the footpath from Bulford Droveway, at the turning into Milston Road, to the corner of Hampshire Close. In addition, a request has been submitted, via the CATG, for the repair to the surface of the footpath and RoW behind the Murco Garage.
c. The Chairman tabled an email received from Mr Richard Hill, who is working with Lovell Homes on the build of 225 new homes for the Ministry of Defence (MOD) in Bulford. Mr Hill was seeking comments on the proposed names for the new roads to serve the scheme. After discussion the Clerk was actioned to reply with a request for the names of the fallen from the Afghanistan conflict to be considered for the proposed names for the new roads.
d. The Chairman requested that all PC members provide the Parish Clerk with information for proposed new projects, plus costs, for the budget for F/Y 2018/19.
87. CLERK’S REPORT ON FINANCE AND CORRESPONDENCE.
a. The Clerk reported a bank reconciliation figure of £63,821.04 and confirmed that Council is operating within budget.
b. The Clerk reported that she had made routine or otherwise approved payments as published in the Appendix to the agenda for the meeting and as detailed below.
c. The Clerk reported on Councils success in securing £10,000 from the Big Lottery Fund to be used towards the costs of upgrading the playground facilities in the recreation ground. Council thanked Cllr Lisa Jayne Johnson for her hard work and congratulated her on the successful application. In addition, Council has been successful in the application for the SSEPD Resilient Communities Fund and has been offered a grant of £14,626 for the purchase of a flood barrier, water pumps and submersible drainage sets. Council thanked Mr Geoff Rippington for his hard work and congratulated him on the success of the application.
Salaries – £1,840.80
Parish Expenses Mrs N Grove - £47.02
Parish Expenses Mr P Foley - £46.93
Grant Thornton LLP - £360.00
Mr A Stephens (Caretaker cover) - £17.50
Royal British Legion Poppy Wreath - £21.50
Gavin Jones Maintenance - £830.22
c. The Clerk tabled correspondence received. Further details are available from the Clerk on request.
88. STANDING AGENDA ITEMS
a. Planning applications called in by a Member of Council – None.
b. Village Hall procedures and administration – Nothing to report
89. OTHER AGENDA ITEMS
a. Traffic Signage repair and replacement – A highways directional sign, sited on the corner of Orchard End, is lying broken in the hedge. After discussion Cllr Morrison undertook to look at reinstating and securing the sign post.
b. Bulford Recreation Play Equipment  - Cllr Johnson reported that the first element of the refurbishment works to the playground equipment has started. Cllr Johnson made a request to replace all the safety matting in one phase. Due to the receipt of The Big Lottery Funding, It was approved for the safety matting to be replaced at a single point in time rather than a phased approach, as was previously approved.
90. REPORTS BY COUNCILLORS HAVING SPECIAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDING REPRESENTATION ON OTHER BODIES
a. Parks, Cemetery and Allotments – Cllr Johnson reported that some of the war graves in the cemetery are in need of cleaning and, in addition, some of the information provided in the Roll of Honour may not be correct. The Clerk was actioned to liaise with the Commonwealth War Graves Commission (CWGC) on this matter and report at the next.
b. Highways – Cllr Jenkins was not in attendance at the meeting but submitted the following written report:
1. SID Deployment – The SID will be fitted on the Droveway.
2. CATG– Issues raised for the attention of the Area Board are, improvements to the garage back path, the introduction of a weight restriction on Telegraph Hill, the introduction of double yellow lines from the new path to the preferred crossing.
3. Street Signs – 2 signs are in need of immediate attention, both in Salisbury Road. The complete sign is missing near the island by the Bungalows on High Street, and the plate is messing on the sign adjacent to the wooden bench by the salt bin.
c. Parish Steward – Cllr Johnson reported that gullies have been cleared and pot holes filled opposite the school on Old Marlborough Road.
d. Town & County Planning – Cllr Jenkins reported on the following:
1. 17/10485/FUL – 15 Salisbury Road. No objection.
2. 17/10257/REM - Wing Barracks. No objection.
3. 17/10596/FUL – Retrospective for games pitch and Storage shed, Avondale School. No objection.
e. Rights of Way – Nothing to report.
f. Village Maintenance Contract – Cllr Morrison reported overgrown shrubbery by the litter bin at Nine Mile River. The Clerk was actioned to instruct Gavin Jones to tidy the area.
g. Bulford Events Committee –  Nothing to report.
h. Area Boards (representation on “Other Body”) – Nothing to report.
i. Young People’s Recreational Facilities (The Caretaker to report through the Clerk) – Cllr Morrison reported that the bench seat by the BMX track is in need of repair. The Clerk was actioned to seek a quote from Mr Paul Sheppard for the repair of the bench.
j. Police Liaison –  Cllr Morrison will attend the Neighbourhood Tasking Group (NTG) to be held in Durrington on 9th December 2017.
k. Supervision of Parish Accounts – Nothing to report
91. DATE OF THE NEXT MEETING – Monday 11th December 2017.

 

N. A. Grove                                                                          Date 21st  November 2017
Clerk to the Council

 

Approve by Council as a true record

 

……………………………………………………….                                  Date………………………..
Chairman Bulford Parish Council

 

 

 

Back to Top

Agenda | Accounts | Archive | Notice Board